(PhysOrg.com) -- Researchers at Los Alamos National Laboratorys biggest magnet facility today met the grand challenge of producing magnetic fields in excess of 100 tesla while conducting six different experiments. The hundred-tesla level is roughly equivalent to 2 million times Earths magnetic field.
- Magnetic field researchers target 100-tesla goal Sat, 24 Mar 2012, 15:32:26 EDT
- Los Alamos achieves world-record pulsed magnetic fieldTue, 23 Aug 2011, 14:38:13 EDT
- 25 Tesla, world-record 'split magnet' makes its debutWed, 13 Jul 2011, 15:36:30 EDT
- World record: The highest magnetic fields are created in DresdenTue, 28 Jun 2011, 13:33:44 EDT
- Nuclear magnetic resonance with no magnetsWed, 18 May 2011, 13:07:02 EDT