(PhysOrg.com) -- Last month, Doug Wiens, PhD, professor of earth and planetary science at Washington University in St. Louis, was cruising the tropical waters of the western Pacific above the Mariana trench aboard the research vessel Thomas G. Thompson.
- Seismic survey at the Mariana trench will follow water dragged down into the Earth's mantleThu, 22 Mar 2012, 15:36:10 EDT
- Without intervention, Mariana crow to become extinct in 75 yearsMon, 20 Dec 2010, 9:03:02 EST
- Parts of moon interior as wet as Earth's upper mantleThu, 26 May 2011, 14:40:37 EDT
- Marianas on alert: Melor joins the typhoon groupThu, 1 Oct 2009, 22:35:36 EDT
- Typhoon Choi-Wan triggers tropical storm warnings for US commonwealth of Northern Mariana IslandsMon, 14 Sep 2009, 13:43:13 EDT