Tuesday, February 21, 2012 - 16:00 in Astronomy & Space
Astronomers using NASA's Chandra X-ray Observatory have clocked the fastest wind yet discovered blowing off a disk around a stellar-mass black hole. This result has important implications for understanding how this type of black hole behaves.
- NASA'S Chandra finds fastest wind from stellar-mass black holeTue, 21 Feb 2012, 16:33:59 EST
- NASA's Chandra sees remarkable outburst from old black holeMon, 30 Apr 2012, 16:35:35 EDT
- Black hole hunters set new distance recordWed, 27 Jan 2010, 9:39:01 EST
- How often do giant black holes become hyperactive?Mon, 20 Dec 2010, 13:33:10 EST
- Revealing a mini-supermassive black holeWed, 24 Oct 2012, 17:07:16 EDT