The models used to understand how Earth's climate works include thousands of different variables from many scientific including atmospherics, oceanography, seismology, geology, physics and chemistry, but few take into consideration the vast effect that microbes have on climate. Now, a new report from the American Academy of Microbiology, "Incorporating Microbial Processes into Climate Models", offers a plan for integrating the latest understanding of the science of microbiology into climate models.
- Report seeks to integrate microbes into climate modelsTue, 14 Feb 2012, 16:36:18 EST
- Alternative futures of a warming worldWed, 10 Feb 2010, 13:28:29 EST
- Climate Change Science Program issues report on climate modelsFri, 1 Aug 2008, 10:36:59 EDT
- MIT: Climate change odds much worse than thoughtTue, 19 May 2009, 13:43:58 EDT
- New computer model advances climate change researchWed, 18 Aug 2010, 15:50:11 EDT