Florida Institute of Technology researchers are taking an historical approach to predict the extinction risk of reef-building corals. Led by Robert van Woesik, professor of biological sciences, the researchers are examining past events to gain insight into how these corals today may fare through climate change.
- Some corals like it hot: Heat stress may help coral reefs survive climate changeFri, 30 Mar 2012, 22:32:58 EDT
- Insights into deadly coral bleaching could help preserve reefsTue, 23 Apr 2013, 16:20:49 EDT
- Fringe dwellers 'hold secrets of survival'Fri, 18 Jun 2010, 9:04:06 EDT
- Calm before the spawn: Climate change and coral spawningWed, 4 Nov 2009, 2:57:21 EST
- Extinction predictor 'will help protect coral reefs'Tue, 15 Feb 2011, 10:02:30 EST