Monday, February 6, 2012 - 10:00 in Earth & Climate
Russian researchers said Monday that they had succeeded in drilling through four kilometres (2.5 miles) of ice to the surface of a subglacial Antarctic lake which could yield important scientific discoveries.
- NSF-funded team samples Antarctic lake beneath the ice sheetTue, 29 Jan 2013, 13:05:47 EST
- Engineering team completes ambitious Antarctic expedition in the 'deep-field'Mon, 16 Jan 2012, 12:36:51 EST
- Cassini instrument confirms liquid surface lake on TitanWed, 30 Jul 2008, 13:36:52 EDT
- Map characterizes active lakes below Antarctic iceWed, 2 Sep 2009, 9:47:31 EDT
- Ancient microbes found living beneath the icy surface of Antarctic lakeMon, 26 Nov 2012, 20:40:53 EST