Nearly one out of seven college students surveyed at a Texas university has participated in the Choking Game, a dangerous behavior where blood flow is deliberately cut off to the brain in order to achieve a high, according to a study by The Crime Victims' Institute at Sam Houston State University.
- The 'choking game,' psychological distress and bullyingThu, 1 May 2008, 11:07:36 EDT
- State bicycle survey reveals danger concerns, cycling perceptionsMon, 15 Dec 2008, 12:29:57 EST
- Why do people choke when the stakes are high?Fri, 11 May 2012, 14:33:02 EDT
- New University of Houston research study links job stress in teachers to student achievementWed, 25 May 2011, 21:34:05 EDT
- Gangs don't protect against crimeWed, 13 Apr 2011, 9:09:52 EDT