We've all heard it: The Internet has flattened the world, allowing social networks to spring up overnight, independent of geography or socioeconomic status. Who needs face time with the people around you when you can email, text or tweet to and from almost anywhere in the world? Twitter, the social networking and microblogging site, is said to have more than 300 million users worldwide who follow, forward and respond to each others 140-character tweets about anything and everything, 24/7.
- MIT research: Traditional social networks fueled Twitter's spreadThu, 22 Dec 2011, 15:37:07 EST
- Teenagers, parents and teachers unaware of social networking risksMon, 21 Mar 2011, 11:06:34 EDT
- New malware could steal users social media behavior and info -- Ben-Gurion U. researchersThu, 14 Oct 2010, 10:04:08 EDT
- Twitter tweets chart the social whirlTue, 8 Nov 2011, 21:32:49 EST
- Texting, social networking and other media use linked to poor academic performanceThu, 11 Apr 2013, 14:09:09 EDT