Researchers have identified a new and relatively abundant pool of stem cells in the heart. The findings in the December issue of Cell Stem Cell, a Cell Press publication, show that these heart cells have the capacity for long-term expansion and can form a variety of cell types, including muscle, bone, neural and heart cells.
- Your own stem cells can treat heart diseaseTue, 17 Nov 2009, 18:39:14 EST
- First-of-its-kind stem cell study re-grows healthy heart muscle in heart attack patientsMon, 13 Feb 2012, 23:33:38 EST
- New source of heart stem cells discoveredSun, 22 Jun 2008, 13:35:40 EDT
- Stem cells not the only way to fix a broken heartThu, 23 Jul 2009, 12:42:51 EDT
- Stem cell transplant in mouse embryo yields heart protection in adulthoodThu, 14 May 2009, 13:36:24 EDT