Existing coherent ultraviolet light sources are power hungry, bulky and expensive. University of Michigan researchers have found a better way to build compact ultraviolet sources with low power consumption that could improve information storage, microscopy and chemical analysis.
- All the colors of a high-energy rainbow, in a tightly focused beamThu, 7 Jun 2012, 17:35:52 EDT
- Ultraviolet light to the extremeFri, 4 Oct 2013, 16:06:10 EDT
- Reindeer see a weird and wonderful world of ultraviolet lightThu, 26 May 2011, 14:39:57 EDT
- Light-emitting nanocrystal diodes go ultravioletFri, 24 Feb 2012, 15:34:00 EST
- NIST ultraviolet source helps NASA spacecraft measure the origins of space weatherWed, 1 Sep 2010, 13:16:15 EDT