Monday, August 22, 2011 - 16:00 in Earth & Climate
In the 15th century, when Europeans first began moving people and goods across the Atlantic, a microscopic stowaway somehow made its way to the caves and monasteries of Bavaria.
- 500 years ago, yeast's epic journey gave rise to lager beerMon, 22 Aug 2011, 19:31:16 EDT
- Brewing better beer: Scientists determine the genomic origins of lager yeastsWed, 10 Sep 2008, 17:35:58 EDT
- Heads up: Stanford DNA study reveals evolution of beer yeastsWed, 10 Sep 2008, 17:35:49 EDT
- Epic journeys of turtles revealedTue, 4 Jan 2011, 19:32:16 EST
- Scientists rise to the challenge of identifying and comparing yeast genomesTue, 21 Jun 2011, 18:31:54 EDT