Monday, August 15, 2011 - 11:31 in Earth & Climate
An international research team will use the deep-sea drilling vessel Chikyu to bore into an area where two tectonic plates meet to study the movements of the plates that caused the Great East Japan Earthquake, according to sources.
- Breakthrough achieved in explaining why tectonic plates move the way they doFri, 16 Jul 2010, 10:43:26 EDT
- Fingerprinting slow earthquakesThu, 23 Apr 2009, 14:43:47 EDT
- New view of tectonic platesFri, 27 Aug 2010, 9:23:10 EDT
- UCLA scientist discovers plate tectonics on MarsThu, 9 Aug 2012, 17:05:55 EDT
- UF study: Isthmus of Panama formed as result of plate tectonicsWed, 30 Jul 2008, 5:42:36 EDT