Until recently, astronomers were highly skeptical of whether or not planets should be possible in multiple star systems. It was expected that the constantly varying gravitational force would eventually tug the planet out of orbit. But despite doubts, astronomers have found several planets in just such star systems. Recently, astronomers announced another, this time in the trinary star HD 132563.
- Why some planets orbit the wrong way; extrasolar insights into our solar systemWed, 11 May 2011, 16:51:25 EDT
- Flipping hot JupitersWed, 11 May 2011, 16:56:52 EDT
- Richest planetary system discoveredTue, 24 Aug 2010, 9:08:29 EDT
- Planetary family portrait reveals another exoplanetWed, 8 Dec 2010, 14:37:39 EST
- Planet found in nearest star system to EarthWed, 17 Oct 2012, 13:42:29 EDT