(PhysOrg.com) -- North Carolina State University researchers have found that a subset of fungus-farming ambrosia beetles may be in the early stages of a global epidemic threatening a number of economically important trees, including avocados, poplars and oaks.
- Spread of fungus-farming beetles is bad news for treesWed, 13 Jul 2011, 11:34:13 EDT
- Holy guacamole: invasive beetle threatens Florida's avocadosWed, 4 Feb 2009, 12:07:43 EST
- Beetle-fungus disease threatens crops and landscape trees in Southern CaliforniaTue, 8 May 2012, 15:34:07 EDT
- NASA satellites reveal surprising connection between beetle attacks, wildfireWed, 8 Sep 2010, 17:09:06 EDT
- Satellite spies on tree-eating bugsMon, 9 Mar 2009, 23:35:17 EDT