Saturday, June 4, 2011 - 14:00 in Health & Medicine
Men with prostate cancer are at higher risk of developing diabetes or diabetes risk factors if they receive androgen deprivation therapy (ADT) to block the production or action of male hormones that can fuel the growth of this cancer.
- Hormone deprivation therapy for prostate cancer may raise diabetes riskSat, 4 Jun 2011, 15:03:41 EDT
- Higher risk for heart disease and diabetes associated with androgen deprivation therapyMon, 7 Dec 2009, 19:09:28 EST
- Age alone should not be used to determine whether to treat prostate cancer with hormonesWed, 24 Sep 2008, 11:31:03 EDT
- Why prostate cancer patients fail hormone deprivation therapyWed, 31 Dec 2008, 10:08:16 EST
- Androgen deprivation therapy for localized prostate cancer not associated with improved survivalTue, 8 Jul 2008, 16:29:04 EDT