Engineers investigating "listener fatigue" -- the discomfort and pain some people experience while using in-ear headphones, hearing aids and other devices that seal the ear canal from external sound--have found not only what they believe is the cause, but also a potential solution.
- Sound safety Fri, 13 May 2011, 12:32:10 EDT
- Cluster listens to the sounds of EarthFri, 27 Jun 2008, 10:22:18 EDT
- Auditory illusion: How our brains can fill in the gaps to create continuous soundWed, 25 Nov 2009, 13:14:13 EST
- Laughing hyenas, wailing levees, the sound of cheese and blaring bagpipesFri, 24 Apr 2009, 13:36:07 EDT
- Smartphone making your eyes tired?Thu, 21 Jul 2011, 22:32:10 EDT