The six-minute walking distance test (6MWD), a test that measures a patient's ability to tolerate exercise and physical activity, is an effective tool for understanding disease severity in patients with chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), according to a three-year global study of patients with COPD sponsored by drug manufacturer GlaxoSmithKline.
- 'Walking distance' test an accurate indicator of disease severity in patients with COPDSun, 15 May 2011, 17:32:55 EDT
- Personalized therapy for asthma and COPD could soon be hereSun, 18 May 2008, 14:28:28 EDT
- Vitamin D improves exercise outcomes in patients with COPDSun, 15 May 2011, 19:32:26 EDT
- Pulmonary rehabilitation effective for both obese and slim COPD patientsSun, 16 May 2010, 10:33:15 EDT
- COPD could be a problem with autoimmunityFri, 19 Nov 2010, 13:34:07 EST