A single adult cell from one of the most impressive masters of regeneration in the animal kingdom the planarian is all it takes to build a completely functional new worm, researchers have learned. The study provides the first hard evidence that adult planarians harbor pluripotent stem cells cells capable of producing the diverse range of tissue types necessary to build a complete animal.
- From a single adult cell, Flatworm crafts a new bodyThu, 12 May 2011, 14:53:20 EDT
- Pluripotent adult stem cells power planarian regenerationThu, 12 May 2011, 14:53:00 EDT
- Moving toward regenerationThu, 30 Aug 2012, 16:03:23 EDT
- International research team seeks to unravel flatworm regenerationTue, 21 Jul 2009, 10:36:01 EDT
- DNA 'tattoos' link adult, daughter stem cells in planariansWed, 10 Sep 2008, 12:40:21 EDT