Researchers with UCLA's Jonsson Comprehensive Cancer Center have discovered a way to amp up the power of killer T-cells, called CD8 cells, making them more functional for longer periods of time and boosting their ability to multiply and expand within the body to fight melanoma, a new study has found.
- UCLA scientists discover way to amp up power of killer T cellsTue, 10 May 2011, 9:34:45 EDT
- UCLA researchers discover drug resistance mechanisms in most common form of melanomaWed, 24 Nov 2010, 13:37:16 EST
- UCLA scientists create army of tumor-fighting immune cells and watch as they attack cancerMon, 12 Jul 2010, 17:57:20 EDT
- UCLA researchers discover protein that shuttles RNA into cell mitochondriaFri, 6 Aug 2010, 10:16:20 EDT
- Cell of origin for squamous cell carcinoma discoveredTue, 19 Apr 2011, 10:03:36 EDT