Stem cells are ideal tools to understand disease and develop new treatments; however, they can be difficult to obtain in necessary quantities. In particular, generating induced pluripotent stem (iPS) cells can be an arduous task because reprogramming differentiated adult skin cells into iPS cells requires many steps and the efficiency is very low researchers might end up with only a few iPS cells even if they started with a million skin cells.
- MicroRNA cocktail helps turn skin cells into stem cellsWed, 2 Feb 2011, 7:32:45 EST
- What’s good for the mouse is good for the monkey: Skin cells reprogrammed into stem cellsWed, 3 Dec 2008, 13:33:59 EST
- Researchers piggyback to safer reprogrammed stem cellsFri, 27 Feb 2009, 12:16:57 EST
- A new way to make reprogrammed stem cellsThu, 7 Apr 2011, 13:07:27 EDT
- Genetically corrected blood cells obtained from skin cells from Fanconi anemia patientsWed, 3 Jun 2009, 16:00:49 EDT