Participating in an 8-week mindfulness meditation program appears to make measurable changes in brain regions associated with memory, sense of self, empathy and stress. In a study that will appear in the January 30 issue of Psychiatry Research: Neuroimaging, a team led by Massachusetts General Hospital (MGH) researchers report the results of their study, the first to document meditation-produced changes over time in the brain's grey matter.
- Mindfulness meditation training changes brain structure in 8 weeksFri, 21 Jan 2011, 14:03:47 EST
- Meditation appears to produce enduring changes in emotional processing in the brainTue, 13 Nov 2012, 15:06:24 EST
- Functional MRI shows how mindfulness meditation changes decision-making processWed, 20 Apr 2011, 11:35:16 EDT
- Experiment shows brief meditative exercise helps cognitionWed, 14 Apr 2010, 17:41:14 EDT
- Zen training speeds the mind's return after distraction, brain scans revealTue, 2 Sep 2008, 23:14:17 EDT