In a technique that could eventually shed light on how gene expression influences human disease, scientists at Albert Einstein College of Medicine of Yeshiva University have for the first time ever successfully visualized single molecules of naturally-occurring messenger RNA (mRNA) transcribed in living mammalian cells. The scientific achievement is detailed in the January 16 online edition of Nature Methods.
- In scientific first, researchers visualize naturally occurring mRNASun, 16 Jan 2011, 13:31:45 EST
- Scientists observe single gene activity in living cellsThu, 21 Apr 2011, 14:35:57 EDT
- Einstein researchers develop technique to count messages made by single genesTue, 2 Dec 2008, 17:23:17 EST
- Nature study shows how molecules escape from the nucleusWed, 15 Sep 2010, 13:37:16 EDT
- Study of how genes activate yields surprising discoverySun, 5 Dec 2010, 13:38:07 EST