(PhysOrg.com) -- Taking a step toward the realization of futuristic quantum technologies, a team of physicists from China and Germany has demonstrated a key element an entangling gate of a quantum teleportation scheme proposed more than 10 years ago. The entangling gate serves as a fundamental building block for applications such as long-distance quantum communication and practical quantum computers.
- NIST physicists demonstrate quantum entanglement in mechanical systemWed, 3 Jun 2009, 13:30:44 EDT
- Quantum networks advance with entanglement of photons, solid-state qubitsWed, 4 Aug 2010, 13:39:06 EDT
- 'Quantum magic' without any 'spooky action at a distance'Fri, 24 Jun 2011, 12:51:03 EDT
- Quantum optical link sets new time records Wed, 17 Aug 2011, 11:35:26 EDT
- Quantum walkWed, 10 Mar 2010, 12:03:33 EST