Although they exist in almost every magnetic material, you cannot see them: magnetic domains are microscopically small regions of uniform magnetization. Dr. Ingo Manke and his group at the Institute of Applied Material Research at HZB, Germany, have developed a method by which they can image the full spatial structure of magnetic domains -- even deep within materials.
- Imaging with neutrons: Magnetic domains shown for the first time in 3-DTue, 23 Nov 2010, 12:32:39 EST
- A quantum simulator for magnetic materialsThu, 23 May 2013, 15:53:56 EDT
- Origin of ultra-fast manipulation of domain walls discoveredSat, 6 Oct 2012, 21:03:46 EDT
- Whirlpools on the nanoscale could multiply magnetic memoryWed, 22 May 2013, 11:07:09 EDT
- Study finds new properties in non-magnetic materialsWed, 11 Jun 2008, 17:09:20 EDT
Latest Science NewsletterGet the latest and most popular science news articles of the week in your Inbox! It's free!
Check out our next project, Biology.Net
From other science news sites
- Obama speech: Drones, Benghazi, and Gitmo responsibility lies with Congress.
- Midnight Raver article- Seeco speaks plus Kaya Tour Rehearsal sessions, Miami 1978 Dated March 28th 2012 by Marleyrkives. Roger Steffens( known as Ras Rojah) given credit for telling them about Seeco's role in the wailers. The information he got from me.