(PhysOrg.com) -- Studying heavy smokers, the National Cancer Institutes 33-center National Lung Screening Trial found that significantly fewer who were screened with low-dose CT scans died from lung cancer than heavy smokers screened with standard chest X-rays.
- Lung cancer screening trial shows screening with CT scans reduces lung cancer deaths Wed, 29 Jun 2011, 17:56:16 EDT
- UT MD Anderson debuts lung cancer screening programWed, 29 Jun 2011, 17:55:55 EDT
- National study shows CT screening of former, current smokers reduces lung cancer deathsFri, 5 Nov 2010, 10:03:55 EDT
- Screening with low-dose spiral CT scanning reduces lung cancer deaths by 20 percentWed, 29 Jun 2011, 17:56:08 EDT
- CT scans unleash a breakthrough in catching early stage lung cancerThu, 30 Jun 2011, 9:36:07 EDT