Oregon Health & Science University Doernbecher Children's Hospital will lead the next phase of a landmark clinical trial to further assess the safety and preliminary effectiveness of purified human neural stem cells (HuCNS-SC) as a potential treatment for infantile or late-infantile neuronal ceroid lipofuscinosis (NCL), a rare and currently fatal neurodegenerative disorder that affects infants and children.
- NYP/Weill Cornell gene therapy clinical trial yields promising results for Batten diseaseTue, 13 May 2008, 9:28:29 EDT
- Human neural stem cells study offers new hope for children with fatal brain diseasesWed, 10 Oct 2012, 18:05:06 EDT
- OHSU Doernbecher discovers new approach to drug resistance in aggressive childhood cancer Thu, 31 Mar 2011, 9:36:27 EDT
- OHSU fixes complex heart problems without open-heart surgeryThu, 3 Feb 2011, 17:04:06 EST
- Diet may eliminate spasms for infants with epilepsyMon, 8 Sep 2008, 17:28:49 EDT