Faculty of Life Sciences at the University of Copenhagen shows that the parasitic disease, commonly known as snail fever, or schistosomiasis, almost eats its way into women's reproductive organs. Today researchers from all over the world are gathering in Copenhagen to find out what can be done to halt the disease which is affecting millions of women in Africa.
- Parasite infects poor women's reproductive organsThu, 28 Oct 2010, 10:06:57 EDT
- Malaria parasites use camouflage to trick immune defences of pregnant womenMon, 11 Jul 2011, 23:31:59 EDT
- Discovery to aid in future treatments of third-world parasitesMon, 27 Jul 2009, 14:42:53 EDT
- Genomes of parasitic flatworms decodedWed, 15 Jul 2009, 13:38:28 EDT
- Parasitic worms make sex worthwhileThu, 23 Jul 2009, 12:42:44 EDT