This month, Comet Hartley 2 has put on a good show for backyard astronomers. The comet's vivid green atmosphere and auburn tail of dust look great through small telescopes, and NASA's Deep Impact/EPOXI probe is about to return even more dramatic pictures when it flies past the comet's nucleus on Nov. 4th.
- SOHO watches a comet fading awayThu, 28 Jul 2011, 17:22:02 EDT
- UMD-led EPOXI science team publishes latest comet findings in ScienceThu, 16 Jun 2011, 14:36:16 EDT
- UMD-led deep impact spacecraft successfully flies by comet Hartley 2Thu, 4 Nov 2010, 13:22:43 EDT
- Spacecraft flew through 'snowstorm' on encounter with comet Hartley 2Thu, 18 Nov 2010, 13:41:21 EST
- Primordial dry ice fuels comet jetsWed, 10 Nov 2010, 17:05:29 EST