Industrial-scale aquaculture production magnifies environmental degradation, according to the first global assessment of the effects of marine finfish aquaculture (e.g. salmon, cod, turbot and grouper) released today. This is true even when farming operations implement the best current marine fish farming practices.
- Large-scale fish farm production offsets environmental gainsWed, 27 Oct 2010, 10:32:41 EDT
- Half of the fish consumed globally is now raised on farms, study findsMon, 7 Sep 2009, 16:31:29 EDT
- Aquaculture's growth seen as continuingFri, 2 Jan 2009, 9:43:34 EST
- New integrated building model may improve fish farming operationsSat, 11 Feb 2012, 13:33:07 EST
- 8 species of wild fish have been detected in aquaculture feedThu, 26 Apr 2012, 13:35:24 EDT