Friday, October 15, 2010 - 12:40 in Astronomy & Space
How do astronomers weigh a star that's trillions of miles away and way too big to fit on a bathroom scale? In most cases they can't, although they can get a best estimate using computer models of stellar structure.
- How to weigh a star using a moonFri, 15 Oct 2010, 13:43:44 EDT
- Newly-born twin stars are far from identicalWed, 18 Jun 2008, 14:14:16 EDT
- The stars behind the curtainWed, 3 Feb 2010, 9:45:10 EST
- Astronomers get rare peek at early stage of star formationWed, 14 Mar 2012, 14:36:01 EDT
- A new way to weigh planetsThu, 21 Oct 2010, 10:03:16 EDT