Instead of heading to the coast for vacation, people are traveling to Tornado Alley. The number of people registering to get a closer look at tornadoes is growing as vacationers trade in their beach towels for a ride with storm chasers. Labeled "Tornado Tourists" by a University of Missouri research team, these travelers are searching for an experience beyond just thrills.
- Tornado-chasing becomes vacation choice, MU researchers findThu, 16 Sep 2010, 17:14:55 EDT
- Iowa State researchers find, test winds extending far away from Alabama tornado's pathMon, 9 Apr 2012, 23:31:52 EDT
- Scientists detect seismic signals from tornadoThu, 8 Mar 2012, 23:31:49 EST
- NIU researchers say nighttime tornadoes are worst nightmareWed, 5 Nov 2008, 9:57:36 EST
- Scientists make progress in assessing tornado seasonsThu, 19 Jan 2012, 16:39:32 EST