Wednesday, September 15, 2010 - 16:42 in Earth & Climate
Arctic sea ice melted over the summer to cover the third smallest area on record, US researchers said Wednesday, warning global warming could leave the region ice free in the month of September 2030.
- Is the ice in the Arctic Ocean getting thinner and thinner?Fri, 20 Aug 2010, 10:50:19 EDT
- Arctic Sea ice extent is third lowest on recordTue, 6 Oct 2009, 17:18:17 EDT
- Arctic sea ice reaches lowest extent in 2008, second lowest ever recordedTue, 16 Sep 2008, 14:43:11 EDT
- NASA's Operation IceBridge data brings new twist to sea ice forecastingWed, 19 Dec 2012, 18:34:05 EST
- Arctic ice on the verge of another all-time lowThu, 28 Aug 2008, 10:07:51 EDT