Even as the Linac Coherent Light Source delivers X-rays with unprecedented power, marking a new era of X-ray science, a team of SLAC researchers is working to make such X-ray lasers even better. In a paper published yesterday in Physical Review Letters, the "Echo 7" team describes their success at adding an additional, elusive property to such beams: temporal coherence.
- Science begins at the world's most powerful X-ray laserMon, 2 Nov 2009, 11:57:58 EST
- All the colors of a high-energy rainbow, in a tightly focused beamThu, 7 Jun 2012, 17:35:52 EDT
- Scientists create first atomic X-ray laserWed, 25 Jan 2012, 17:51:07 EST
- X-ray laser takes aim at cosmic mysteryWed, 12 Dec 2012, 14:37:09 EST
- Synchronized lasers measure how light changes matterWed, 29 Aug 2012, 14:38:13 EDT