By creating a unique system of blood vessels that is engineered to interact with the tissue surrounding an implanted device, the longevity and function of these devices may be better preserved, according to a study led by researchers in the University of Louisville/ Jewish Hospital's Cardiovascular Innovation Institute (CII).
- New technology may prolong the life of implanted devices, from pacemakers to chemotherapy portsMon, 23 Aug 2010, 8:56:56 EDT
- NC State finds new nanomaterial could be breakthrough for implantable medical devicesTue, 11 Nov 2008, 2:49:56 EST
- Older age associated with risk of complications, death after implantation of cardiac devicesMon, 12 Apr 2010, 18:02:52 EDT
- Vital functions monitored with wearable and implantable devicesMon, 10 May 2010, 12:38:48 EDT
- Genetic difference in staph infects some heart devices, not othersMon, 24 Oct 2011, 16:37:03 EDT