This picture, taken by Hubble's Advanced Camera for Surveys, is not just a beautiful snapshot of NGC 4696, the largest galaxy in the Centaurus Cluster (galaxy cluster Abell 3526). It is also an illustration of the rich variety of objects that astronomers can see with the NASA/ESA Hubble Space Telescope.
- Exceptionally deep view of strange galaxyThu, 5 Feb 2009, 10:26:04 EST
- Hubble sees Pandora's ClusterWed, 22 Jun 2011, 17:02:33 EDT
- Pandora's clusterWed, 22 Jun 2011, 10:12:32 EDT
- A galactic crash investigationWed, 22 Jun 2011, 10:12:44 EDT
- Hubble survey carries out a dark matter censusThu, 13 Oct 2011, 10:38:06 EDT