People with type 1 diabetes must keep a careful eye on their blood glucose levels: Too much sugar can damage organs, while too little deprives the body of necessary fuel. Most patients must prick their fingers several times a day to draw blood for testing.
- New device holds promise of making blood glucose testing easier for patients with diabetesTue, 15 Mar 2011, 17:02:57 EDT
- Tear drops may rival blood drops in testing blood sugar in diabetesWed, 9 Nov 2011, 16:40:01 EST
- Harmful blood glucose levels linked to defective geneThu, 1 May 2008, 14:49:19 EDT
- Self monitoring of blood glucose levels helps patients with diabetesThu, 1 Oct 2009, 15:54:14 EDT
- High glucose levels could impair ferroelectricity in body's connective tissuesMon, 15 Apr 2013, 10:53:02 EDT