The BC Centre of Excellence in HIV/AIDS (BC-CfE) published an important study today in the globally respected Lancet medical journal. The study strongly reinforces the view that the benefits of highly active antiretroviral therapy (HAART) extend beyond treatment of the virus to significantly preventing the transmission and spread of HIV.
- HIV/AIDS treatment curbs spread of disease: UBC-BC CfE studyMon, 19 Jul 2010, 15:50:56 EDT
- HIV prevention strategy key to curbing epidemic and cutting long-term treatment costsWed, 7 Jul 2010, 13:23:58 EDT
- Lancet study: Antiretroviral therapy associated with decreased risk of HIV transmissionWed, 26 May 2010, 20:48:16 EDT
- Maternal HIV-1 treatment protects against transmission to newbornsFri, 16 Oct 2009, 11:16:06 EDT
- Efavirenz-based initial therapies associated with better outcomes in HIV-infected adultsTue, 14 Oct 2008, 14:29:00 EDT