Girls and young women who drink alcohol increase their risk of benign (noncancerous) breast disease, says a study by researchers at Washington University School of Medicine in St. Louis and Harvard University. Benign breast disease increases the risk for developing breast cancer.
- Adolescent drinking adds to risk of breast disease, breast cancerMon, 12 Apr 2010, 11:50:27 EDT
- Breast cancer risk varies in young women with benign breast disease, Mayo Clinic researchers saySat, 13 Dec 2008, 16:56:48 EST
- School-age drinking increases breast cancer riskFri, 30 Aug 2013, 19:03:51 EDT
- Alcohol consumption may increase breast cancer recurrence riskThu, 10 Dec 2009, 12:24:53 EST
- Study examines association between caffeine consumption and breast cancer riskMon, 13 Oct 2008, 16:28:39 EDT