Researchers at Carnegie Mellon University's National Robotics Engineering Center (NREC) have developed a plant-sorting machine that uses computer vision and machine learning to inspect and grade harvested strawberry plants and then mechanically sort them by quality - tasks that until now could only be done manually.
- Carnegie Mellon engineers develop machine that visually inspects and sorts strawberry plantsThu, 17 Dec 2009, 11:11:59 EST
- Machine vision for hot surface automatic inspectionTue, 15 Sep 2009, 11:16:13 EDT
- Carnegie Mellon researchers build time machine to visually explore space and timeThu, 21 Apr 2011, 14:35:50 EDT
- Data sorting world record falls: Computer scientists break terabyte sort barrier in 60 secondsTue, 27 Jul 2010, 15:22:39 EDT
- Machines to compare notes online?Fri, 15 Jul 2011, 17:35:21 EDT