(PhysOrg.com) -- This spectacular image of our home planet was captured by the OSIRIS instrument on ESA's Rosetta comet chaser earlier today as the spacecraft approached Earth for the third and final swingby. Closest approach is due at 08:45 CET, 13 November 2009.
- Last visit home for ESA's comet chaser RosettaTue, 20 Oct 2009, 11:38:40 EDT
- Rosetta bound for outer Solar System after final Earth swingbyFri, 13 Nov 2009, 9:38:02 EST
- Follow Rosetta's final Earth boostWed, 4 Nov 2009, 9:59:49 EST
- NASA's Rosetta 'Alice' spectrometer reveals Earth's ultraviolet fingerprint in Earth flybyThu, 14 Jan 2010, 16:22:55 EST
- Steins: A diamond in the skyMon, 8 Sep 2008, 10:15:11 EDT