(PhysOrg.com) -- Scientists have succeeded for the first time in fitting monarch butterflies with a radio transmitter and in tracking them from an aircraft over a long distance on their flight northwards during the butterflies` annual migration from their winter residence in Mexico.
- Migrating monarch butterflies 'nose' their way to MexicoThu, 24 Sep 2009, 14:26:16 EDT
- Research shows that coldness triggers northward flight in migrating monarch butterfliesThu, 21 Feb 2013, 15:06:06 EST
- Genetic basis for migrationTue, 31 Mar 2009, 7:29:05 EDT
- Monarch butterflies reveal a novel way in which animals sense the Earth's magnetic fieldMon, 25 Jan 2010, 12:10:20 EST
- Darker wings for monarch butterflies mean better flightWed, 25 Jul 2012, 22:31:18 EDT