Sick people often lose their sense of smell and their appetite. If this happened to mosquitoes, they would not be able to feed on humans and spread malaria. A team of Penn State entomologists is looking for an insect disease that will infect mosquitoes and impair their sense of smell.
- Groundbreaking research shows DEET's not sweet to mosquitoesMon, 18 Aug 2008, 17:36:34 EDT
- Mosquitoes use several different kinds of odor sensors to track human preyTue, 31 Aug 2010, 17:29:53 EDT
- New findings by UCR scientists hold big promise for fight against mosquito-borne diseasesWed, 1 Jun 2011, 15:33:57 EDT
- Discovery by UC Riverside entomologists could shrink dengue-spreading mosquito populationThu, 2 Dec 2010, 16:04:54 EST
- NIH-funded researchers find new ways to confuse blood-seeking mosquitoesWed, 1 Jun 2011, 15:34:51 EDT