A new study in mice sheds light on the insulin resistance that can come from diets loaded with high-fructose corn syrup, a sweetener found in most sodas and many other processed foods. The report in the March issue of Cell Metabolism, a Cell Press publication, also suggests a way to prevent those ill effects.
- Missing link between fructose, insulin resistance foundTue, 3 Mar 2009, 12:23:39 EST
- Fructose sugar makes maturing human fat cells fatter, less insulin-sensitiveMon, 21 Jun 2010, 10:33:15 EDT
- Experts lay to rest long-held misconceptions about high fructose corn syrup at ILSI-USDA workshopMon, 27 Apr 2009, 8:42:19 EDT
- High fructose corn syrup: A recipe for hypertensionFri, 30 Oct 2009, 6:57:05 EDT
- Scientists say consumers confused about sugarsMon, 8 Jun 2009, 17:44:06 EDT