Sunday, March 1, 2009 - 08:14 in Earth & Climate
Three British explorers have set out on a 90-day skiing expedition to the North Pole, measuring sea ice thickness the whole way to find out exactly how fast it is disappearing, according to the Catlin Arctic Survey.
- Research around the North PoleMon, 20 Oct 2008, 9:57:24 EDT
- Byrd came oh-so-close, but probably didn't reach North PoleMon, 8 Apr 2013, 16:36:52 EDT
- Ice cloud heralds fall at Titan's south poleThu, 11 Apr 2013, 16:10:58 EDT
- Polar climate change may lead to ecological changeThu, 11 Aug 2011, 19:33:52 EDT
- Arctic soil study turns up surprising resultsThu, 23 Sep 2010, 12:24:59 EDT