Some of the most breathtaking objects in the cosmos are the jets of matter streaming out of stars, but astrophysicists have long been at a loss to explain how these jets achieve their varied shapes. Now, laboratory research detailed in the current issue of Astrophysical Review Letters shows how magnetic forces shape these stellar jets.
- First laboratory experiment to accurately model stellar jets explains mysterious 'knots'Mon, 9 Feb 2009, 15:49:56 EST
- Computer code gives astrophysicists first full simulation of star's final hoursTue, 22 Sep 2009, 15:43:58 EDT
- Stellar explosion displays massive carbon footprintMon, 1 Jun 2009, 7:50:24 EDT
- Young stellar objects: The source of gas emission around Herbig Ae/Be starsFri, 10 Oct 2008, 10:37:30 EDT
- 'Stellar cannibalism' is key to formation of overweight starsWed, 14 Jan 2009, 13:30:38 EST