Tuesday, January 13, 2009 - 14:42 in Astronomy & Space
(PhysOrg.com) -- Radio telescopes around the world will join forces this week to carry out a unique observation of three quasars, distant galaxies powered by super-massive black holes at their cores.
- Radio telescopes reveal unseen galactic cannibalismMon, 23 Jun 2008, 12:29:26 EDT
- Most distant quasar foundWed, 29 Jun 2011, 13:38:02 EDT
- Continent-sized radio telescope takes close-ups of Fermi active galaxiesWed, 22 Apr 2009, 17:31:07 EDT
- Radio telescopes capture best-ever snapshot of black hole jetsFri, 20 May 2011, 19:32:09 EDT
- Astronomers using NASA's Hubble discover quasars acting as gravitational lensesThu, 15 Mar 2012, 17:34:14 EDT