Sunday, December 21, 2008 - 14:49 in Earth & Climate
Volcanic eruptions have periodically cooled the tropics over at least the last 450 years by spewing out particles that girdle the world at high altitude and reflect sunlight, according to a study released Sunday.
- Volcanic eruptions affect rainfall over Asian monsoon regionThu, 4 Nov 2010, 15:53:46 EDT
- Volcanoes cool the tropics, say researchersMon, 5 Jan 2009, 17:29:48 EST
- No Redoubt: Volcanic eruption forecasting improvedMon, 29 Apr 2013, 17:03:16 EDT
- New insights into volcanic activity on the ocean floorWed, 16 Jun 2010, 13:34:44 EDT
- Air pollution stunts coral growthSun, 7 Apr 2013, 19:04:16 EDT