Having dense breasts - areas that show up light on a mammogram - is strongly associated with increased breast cancer risk, but "why" remains to be answered. Now, by examining dense and non-dense tissue taken from the breasts of healthy volunteers, researchers from Mayo Clinic have found several potential links.
- Mayo researchers find potential links between breast density and breast cancer riskSat, 13 Dec 2008, 8:22:02 EST
- Breast density tied to specific types of breast cancerWed, 27 Jul 2011, 16:41:18 EDT
- Breast density associated with increased risk of cancer recurrenceMon, 9 Nov 2009, 5:15:06 EST
- Dense breasts can nearly double the risk of breast cancer recurrence Fri, 23 Mar 2012, 12:06:36 EDT
- Breast density, no lobular involution increase breast cancer riskFri, 29 Oct 2010, 16:31:56 EDT