Scientists at Karolinska Institutet and Lund University in Sweden have succeeded in inducing people with an amputated arm to experience a prosthetic rubber hand as belonging to their own body. The results can lead to the development of a new type of touch-sensitive prosthetic hands.
- Amputees can experience prosthetic hand as their ownThu, 11 Dec 2008, 11:58:52 EST
- Scientists create phantom sensations in non-amputeesThu, 11 Apr 2013, 11:07:34 EDT
- Bioengineering of nerve-muscle connection could improve hand use for wounded soldiersWed, 14 Oct 2009, 13:35:00 EDT
- URI researcher trips amputees in effort to develop improved prosthetic legsTue, 15 Sep 2009, 15:09:58 EDT
- Seeing with your hands? Hand amputation may result in altered perception around the handsWed, 6 Jan 2010, 14:43:57 EST