Investigation of the fireball that lit up the skies of Alberta and Saskatchewan on November 20 has determined that an asteroid fragment weighing approximately 10 tonnes entered the Earth's atmosphere over the prairie provinces last Thursday evening. And University of Calgary researcher Alan Hildebrand has outlined a region in western Saskatchewan where chunks of the desk-sized space rock are expected to be found.
- Meteorite search updateTue, 25 Nov 2008, 14:01:03 EST
- Meteorite from Sept. 25 fireball event recovered and presentedFri, 16 Oct 2009, 14:51:12 EDT
- University of Western Ontario cameras capture 'fireball'Fri, 24 Oct 2008, 17:14:34 EDT
- Nullarbor fireball cameras find rare meteoriteFri, 18 Sep 2009, 9:08:13 EDT
- Half-baked asteroids have Earth-like crustWed, 7 Jan 2009, 13:43:45 EST